• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPPM-2612] Outgoing mail limits not limiting mail

Andy1

New Pleskian
I upgraded from 11 to 12 (centOS) and set outgoing mail limits for mailboxes, domains and subscriptions, as per the documentation at http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=71349.htm

However, it doesn't appear the limits are limiting outgoing mail. As I can still send far more mail than the current limit using a PHP script.

#### maillog (partial & timestamp + servername removed for brevity) ####

py_limit_out[16427]: ERROR 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
plesk sendmail[16426]: Error during 'limit-out' handler
plesk sendmail[16426]: handlers_stderr: SKIP
plesk sendmail[16426]: SKIP during call 'check-quota' handler
postfix/pickup[15842]: 2B9D013F7E5: uid=48 from=<apache>
postfix/cleanup[16433]: 2B9D013F7E5: message-id=<[email protected]24.com.au>
postfix/qmgr[15841]: 2B9D013F7E5: from=<[email protected]24.com.au>, size=398, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
postfix/smtp[16435]: connect to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2404:6800:4008:c01::1b]:25: Network is unreachable
postfix/smtp[16435]: certificate verification failed for gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.72.26]:25: untrusted issuer /C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority
postfix/smtp[16435]: 2B9D013F7E5: to=<[email protected]>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.72.26]:25, delay=4.3, delays=0.03/0.01/2.6/1.7, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1425385801 kk7si742542pab.156 - gsmtp)
postfix/qmgr[15841]: 2B9D013F7E5: removed

Does anyone know exactly what this means, or where I can get more information on how to configure outgoing mail limits? I've also read through the sendmail documentation but couldn't find anything.

Last edited:
Hi IgorG, Thanks for your response.
I had a look at that thread and have spent a few days trying to find documentation to help me configure this.

I tried toggling off "Allow scripts and users to use Sendmail" but the result is the same - it appears the 'plesk sendmail' process isn't checking the outgoing limits for php scripts. It is enforcing limits for mail sent from mailboxes.

My current understanding is the first line in the log I posted above indicates the 'py_limit_out' process is dealing with a NULL instance and therefore plesk sendmail can't determine whether a limit is reached so it just skips the quota check.

For example, at the moment, a php script which calls mail() is always sent and the generated email appears to come from Apache <[email protected]24.com.au>
Even if the script specifies the email is from a valid mailbox, the log file indicates the same scenario as shown above.

Could you please direct me to where I can find configuration documentation for 'py_limit_out' and 'plesk sendmail' ?
My understanding is the subscription limit is supposed to limit mail sent from scripts. Could you please confirm this is the case?

Hello,
we will fix it soon, please follow Plesk updates RSS feed to stay informed.

Bump. This been fixed yet? Just had about 40k of spam dumped into my mail queue this morning from a script. ouch.

Hi yabado,

you are right now answering in a thread, where Plesk had issues like described in the thread - starters post.

If you think, that Plesk might have another issue, with "PHP" scripts, please open a NEW thread and describe your issue/problem and please include as well depending - error logs and depending configuration files, to investigate the issue.

Back