• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[PPPM-4558] PHP session savepath error after 12.5 update #32

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
During the auto-update to #32 the session save path directory was changed to
drwxrwx--- 2 root apache 299008 May 14 05:01 session

The directory permissions are left in this false state. They prevent CGI/FastCGI applications from storing and reading session data. In order for sessions to work again apply these commands:

chmod 733 /var/lib/php/session
chmod +t /var/lib/php/session
chown root:root /var/lib/php/session

We are seeing the same issue on other host computers as the automatic #32 update proceeds on these other machines. It seems to be a bug with #32 installation/update routines.

During the auto-update to #32 the session save path directory was changed to
drwxrwx--- 2 root apache 299008 May 14 05:01 session

The directory permissions are left in this false state. They prevent CGI/FastCGI applications from storing and reading session data. In order for sessions to work again apply these commands:

chmod 733 /var/lib/php/session
chmod +t /var/lib/php/session
chown root:root /var/lib/php/session

I also found that after the #32 update that admin or clients could log into my WHMCS install, I tried changing to the native PHP version and that worked without a problem. I assume that it is due to this issue, Plesk please release #33 asap to resolve this.

Hi,
we do investigate the issue (php session directory permissions) with priority. I will keep you informed.
Thanks for your reports!

Hi,

Permissions to /var/lib/php/session/ might be reset by Centos package php54 that was updated on May 12 by Centos:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/updates/x86_64/Packages/
(and yes - this php54 update from Centos was triggered by Plesk updates)

We submitted item (PPPM-4558) to work around the issue with Centos php54 packages (restore correct permission/ownership) and going to include the fix to Plesk 12.5.30 MU#34 that is expected tomorrow.

You can use the following KB to fix the issue immediately: https://kb.plesk.com/115704

Thanks for your help,

Back