• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPPM-4972] PHP handler changing on its own

Nick

New Pleskian
I have an issue where I have a domain with the PHP handler set to 5.3.3. I have two subdomains with the handler set to 7.0. When I change the shell for the main FTP user for the domain to something different (basically just make a change in the panel for the domains FTP user) it reverts the PHP handler for the two subdomains back to 5.3.3.

I've tried to reconfigure the subdomains but that doesn't stop it from changing the PHP handler on the subdomains when I change the FTP users shell. There may be other actions in the panel that cause it to change the PHP handler but I haven't spent the time looking into it. Typically I wouldn't change much in the panel for a domain but this customer seems to be in there changing things on a regular basis and they are now questioning our hosting services because of this.

Where can I look to find out what is going on? Any ideas of where something might be set that would cause it to get reverted?

This behaviour has been implemented after many customer's requests. They have requested that all settings should be synchronized with main domain if "hosting management" permission is disabled. But you and other customers do not satisfied with this behaviour. Therefore we have submitted corresponding bugreport PPPM-4972
As the possible workaround, you can just enable hosting management permission for the subscription.

Igor -

Thank you for that information. I have changed that setting and can confirm my issue has been resolved.

Back