• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [PPPM-5475] Dropbox BackUp Plugin

Sylvester

New Pleskian
Hi there
Anyone having problems with using this extension with Plesk Onyx 17.0.17?
After updating on 9.12.2016 the used space seems to grow up and up and up.
It seems to put my server in an endless backing up cycle and fills up my hard drive.
After deactivating, deleting and reinstalling dropbox backup plugin, I got a small amount of space back, But I cannot find a way to locate and delete? the rest of the unused files. My Domains take space about 100 GB Plesk shows me, that I use 750 GB. Getting more and more. How can I stop it??

Please can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance
Sylvester Hertel

Attachments

• chart-image.png
    chart-image.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
When you start backup process Plesk first generate temp backup on local storage and than upload it to dropbox...if many processes were started ..well you can conclude..but as I remeber these files should be cleaned by plesk ...

I have Linux, yes I found the BackUps, I deleted them all, now the space is back. But I hope this Prob is not coming back. I wait and will have a look. Thank you for your fast answers ;-)

Sylvester.

Hi there,
after deleting all temp backup files. It was quite good. So I startet dropbox backup plugin again. And again its starting to fill the space.
I startet ONE Backup of the whole system. (80GB) and the temp files are filling again the space!! I think there is a limit by DROPBOX so it cuts the upload and the temp file ist left on PLESK.

chart-image.jpeg.png chart-image.jpeg.png

What do you think?

Thanks in advance
Sylvester

/opt/psa/PMM/tmp

and

/var/lib/psa/dumps

before deleting today:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 7.8G 4.0K 7.8G 1% /dev
tmpfs 1.6G 920K 1.6G 1% /run
/dev/md2 909G 420G 444G 49% /
none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
none 5.0M 20K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
none 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /run/shm
none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user
/dev/md1 946M 38M 843M 5% /boot

after del today:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 7.8G 4.0K 7.8G 1% /dev
tmpfs 1.6G 924K 1.6G 1% /run
/dev/md2 909G 111G 752G 13% /
none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
none 5.0M 20K 5.0M 1% /run/lock
none 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /run/shm
none 100M 0 100M 0% /run/user
/dev/md1 946M 38M 843M 5% /boot

Screenshot Dez. 20 09.51.22.png

Hi there,
Its goes on. I deleted the dropbox plugin completely. I got This:
Fehler: Die Erweiterung Dropbox Backup wurde mit Fehlern entfernt:
Fehler bei der Ausführung von /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/dropbox-backup/scripts/pre-uninstall.php. Der Exitcode lautet 1 und die Ausgabe ist: Objekt nicht gefunden: 0x325b9a8b9eedf9e219564fd60d714ede

chart-image.jpeg.png

Maybe its not the dropbox plugin. Could be the backUp function for the whole server.

Do you make a full server backup to the FTP storage? Or to the server storage?
Could you send me the logs from /var/log/plesk/PMM/backup-<backup_time>?

Last edited:
Thanks you for logs.
About message during extension removing:
"Fehler: Die Erweiterung Dropbox Backup wurde mit Fehlern entfernt:
Fehler bei der Ausführung von /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/dropbox-backup/scripts/pre-uninstall.php. Der Exitcode lautet 1 und die Ausgabe ist: Objekt nicht gefunden: 0x325b9a8b9eedf9e219564fd60d714ede"
Probably it is connected with CRON task. For example, if CRON task was not found during removing of extension. Maybe it was removed or edited manually.

I have some more questions:
1. Do you have Plesk Onyx after upgrade(and from which version) or clean installation?
2. Could you write value of the "DUMP_TMP_D" parameter in /etc/psa/psa.conf file?

Some information about "Dropbox backup" extension which can help you:
1. Upload of backup to Dropbox may be very slow operation in your case. The new backup will not be started by extension while the previous one is in progress (uploading to Dropbox is one of backup steps for extension too). For example, if you have 80GB backup and schedule it every day, you may have such situation: the 2-nd and later backups can't be started, because the 1-st backup is still uploaded.
2. If disk space of your Dropbox is not enough for backup. As far as I know, in this case first backup will be uploaded to Dropbox, but you will get message from dropbox that you need to upgrade your account. And next backup created by "Dropbox backup" extension will be failed with message "Dropbox was unable to complete this action because of a storage quota limit".

Last edited:
Back