• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Prevent 502's for all sites when changing configs

KarelB

New Pleskian
I have a Plesk 12 server running that works great. But the problem is that whenever one of my shared hosting customers changes something out a domain or subdomain, all the other sites on the server give a 502 error.
The reason why is clear to me: apache is reloading its config while nginx is still active, but sees apache as being down and therefor throws a 502 error.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Because it's happening a lot and people are sending in 'site down' reports while there's actually nothign wrong with the server or their site.

I tried searching for "502" on the forum, but it seems that keywords is too short to be used for a search...

Back