• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Prevent default creation of Plesk user when creating mailbox

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Currently when creating a mailbox in Plesk the option "Can be used to log in to Plesk" is checked by default. Which for me isn't always preferable.

Schermafbeelding 2021-08-27 150127.png

Does anyone know if there is any setting to not have this option checked by default? An thus prevent the default creation of a Plesk user when creating a mailbox.

Reactions: mow
Hello,
there is no known possibility to set it as default disabled in plesk, but you can run it via CLI:

Code:
plesk bin mail --create [email protected] -passwd "#_123244hjhdsf" -cp-access false -mailbox true

In fact, maybe you could use the Event Manager in Plesk: Create an event for "Mail account created"

Configure this event to execute plesk bin mail -u ${NEW_EMAIL} -cp-access false

Not sure if this will work, I haven't used Event Manager in a long time but may you'll have a look at the documentation:
and

Thnx @m3lezZ and @Monty, much apricated. However your suggestions will disable the mailbox user as Plesk user after it's already created. I am looking for an option to prevent a Plesk user being made in the first place when a new mailbox is created trough the GUI as a default. In some cases it might still be useful to have a mailbox user double as a Plesk user. So rather have this option checked by explicit choice of the user, not by default.

As a solution I've added this peace of Javascript to Plesk (in case anyone is interested).

JavaScript:
<script>
    let loginAsUser = document.getElementById("general-generalSection-loginAsUser");
    loginAsUser ? loginAsUser.checked = false : false;
</script>

Thnx @m3lezZ and @Monty, much apricated. However your suggestions will disable the mailbox user as Plesk user after it's already created. I am looking for an option to prevent a Plesk user being made in the first place when a new mailbox is created trough the GUI as a default. In some cases it might still be useful to have a mailbox user double as a Plesk user. So rather have this option checked by explicit choice of the user, not by default.

As a solution I've added this peace of Javascript to Plesk (in case anyone is interested).

JavaScript:
<script>
    let loginAsUser = document.getElementById("general-generalSection-loginAsUser");
    loginAsUser ? loginAsUser.checked = false : false;
</script>
how could i add this code?

Back