• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Priorities in subdomains.

DiogoR

New Pleskian
I have one domain with this configuration in vhost.conf:
ServerAlias *.domain.com

The point is to make the main page of the domain to receive all requests of all subdomains and analyze the request address to return a diferent page based on the subdomain and go to the main page itself for non existent subdomains.

At some point I want to create domains (hostings) in plesk like customer.domain.com, but in this specific case I need that this domain configuration prevails instead of the generic one (*.domain.com), a thing that seems not to happen.

I think I would be able to acomplish this using a vhost.conf like this:
ServerAlias subdomain1.domain.com
ServerAlias subdomain2.domain.com
ServerAlias subdomain3.domain.com

Where I add every new subdomain to the vhost.conf file.

But doing this I will loose potencial customers that wont go the main page by means of a mistyped subdomain.

Unless I there is a way to do something like this in vhost.conf:
ServerAlias *.domain.com (except) customer.domain.com

or... I can make the plesk "Server Default page" for the main domain to open the main domain page.

Note: Domain.com is for the example.

By the way, where is this plesk "Server Default page", I would like to change it to redirect my customers to my business page instead of showing a page advertising plesk products which the publicity was not paid to me and don't mean anything to most of my customers and to advertise for the ones that have meaning must be paid.

Best Regards.

Back