• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Privacy issue with Plesk DNS server - registration email visible?

Polarfox

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43
Hello,

My website dns is hosted elsewhere but when starting a new website I mistakenly left the Plesk DNS server on. It now has been turned off.

But before it happened a more technically capable member of my website was able to dig my personal e-mail I registered Plesk from the running Plesk DNS server. Because it's my first and last name he now knows where I live and annoys the hell out of me by dropping hints about it.

Any response is appreciated.

And you're sure he got that from your DNS server and not from the whois entries of any of your domains?

@mow An email address is always published in the SOA record. Which is not known to most people. Which email address is published by Plesk for SOA records can be set in Plesk via Tools & Settings > DNS Settings > Zone Settings Template.

@mow An email address is always published in the SOA record. Which is not known to most people. Which email address is published by Plesk for SOA records can be set in Plesk via Tools & Settings > DNS Settings > Zone Settings Template.
Well that settles it. Thanks for the reply.

Back