• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem installing Plesk for the first time

Zeptile

New Pleskian
Hello there,

So I am having a bit of trouble installing Plesk server on a Ubuntu 16.04 machine for the first time. Everytime I run the installer I get this:

Code:
One more attempt to connect
 Trying to reset authentication for MySQL server...  Trying to stop MySQL server... /usr/sbin/mysqld (pid 11933) is running...
done
Starting mysqld in authentication reset mode.
Waiting for mysqld to stop (60 seconds at most).. Looks like mysqld stopped normally.
Waiting for mysqld return code (if this hangs, try 'kill -9 12114')... mysqld failed with code 1, authentication reset failed (see mysqld log for details).
 Trying to restart service mysql... /usr/sbin/mysqld is stopped
done
 Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
failed
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... mysql: [ERROR] Could not open required defaults file: /root/.my.cnf
mysql: [ERROR] Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted!
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed
 Trying to establish test connection... mysql: [ERROR] Could not open required defaults file: /root/.my.cnf
mysql: [ERROR] Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted!
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed
failed

So far I've tried re-installing mysql multiple times and I cannot find a resolution for this one. Since I'm still kinda new to Linux I might be missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) failed
Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO) failed
Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) failed
Did you set a root password for MySQL previously? Can you connect to MySQL from a console? I think mysql user root is configured with a password. User admin did not created yet.

mysqld failed with code 1, authentication reset failed (see mysqld log for details).
Did you see mysqld log for details?

Would you describe how are you install Plesk and MySQL?

just one advice for other new pleskian. reinstal your server with only minimal services. (ssh, wget..) you need a very clean server.
and after, install plesk on this clean server. it will avoid problems from existing seervices..

just one advice for other new pleskian. reinstal your server with only minimal services. (ssh, wget..) you need a very clean server.
and after, install plesk on this clean server. it will avoid problems from existing seervices..

Hello there,

I was too frustrated so I followed your advice. I just re-installed my OS completely and works perfectly now.

Thank you :)

Back