• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem on CP Plesk 10.0.1 & Business Manager

DanielB1234

New Pleskian
Hello All,

I've on the same server Plesk 10.0.1 and Business Manager.
The problem is that if I try to connect remotely to the CP works only for Plesk 10 not for the Business Manager links.

As I saw, in the menu,the domain name is not attached to the URL, there is only the hostname, on that particular items related to the Businnes Manager links.
Example : Items on menu for Plesk: host.mydomain.com:8443\.... for BM : host:8443\..... ......

Seem that SSO is running and have the right link https://host.mydomain.com:8443.

The sw is on a Virtual Machine on W2k3.

Can someone, possibly form parallels, give me some tips to fix the issue ?

Thanks

Update-hostname.php

Hi Igor,
Thanks for your fast and prompt answer.

Sorry but the script is giving :
"The file Update-hostname.php is part of Plesk Distribution. It cannot be run outside the plesk enviroment."

Stuck here !!

Thanks
Regards
Daniel

Did you run exactly command
"%plesk_bin%\php.exe" -dauto_prepend_file="" "%plesk_dir%\billing\scripts\update-hostname.php" --new-hostname domain.com

in cmd?

Hi Igor,
Thanks for your fast and prompt answer.

Sorry but the script is giving :
"The file Update-hostname.php is part of Plesk Distribution. It cannot be run outside the plesk enviroment."

Stuck here !!

Thanks
Regards
Daniel

You use the CommandLine Tool ... (Press Windows+R and type cmd and enter) ?

Update-hostname.php

Thanks,
I've solved the issue relating the hostname-update.php , there is a "=" sign, before the domain name and I was copying it.

Now I'm facing this new issue ....

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>php.exe -dauto_prepend_file="" "c:\pr
ogram files\parallels\plesk\billing\scripts\update-hostname.php" --new-hostname
xxxxxxx.com
Try to fix config for Customer & Business Manager.. [ OK ]
Try to fix DB for Customer & Business Manager.. [ OK ]
Try to fix access from Plesk Panel instances to Customer & Business Manager:
* xxxx.com.. [ ERROR ]: The following Panel error occurred: Failed to pr
ocess request: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Any clue ?

Thanks
Dan

Thanks,
I've solved the issue relating the hostname-update.php , there is a "=" sign, before the domain name and I was copying it.

Now I'm facing this new issue ....

C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>php.exe -dauto_prepend_file="" "c:\pr
ogram files\parallels\plesk\billing\scripts\update-hostname.php" --new-hostname
xxxxxxx.com
Try to fix config for Customer & Business Manager.. [ OK ]
Try to fix DB for Customer & Business Manager.. [ OK ]
Try to fix access from Plesk Panel instances to Customer & Business Manager:
* xxxx.com.. [ ERROR ]: The following Panel error occurred: Failed to pr
ocess request: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

Any clue ?

Thanks
Dan

php.exe -dauto_prepend_file="" "c:\program files\parallels\plesk\billing\scripts\update-hostname.php" --new-hostname=xxxxxxx.com:8443<---

Business Manager

Hi Igor & Blackmoon

Thanks to you all, but seem that the issues are not solved , instead came up other problems.
Now if I'm trying to connect to the Business Manager I have this result:

An unexpected error occurred. Please go back and retry your operation. If this error persists, contact Customer and Business Manager administrator.

Error Report #4d36ba1077a31

No way to connect to it !!

Sorry but there is a way to uninstatal the Business Manager, and reinstall it, or leaved a side till a SP or update will be released, all this issues block a migration from older systems.

Thanks
Regards
Daniel

Business Manager Error

Hi Chriss,
No I still not solved this issue!!!

For us the Business Manager was considered let's say a plus, I'm thinking to uninstall it !!!

Without any polemic is quiet frostrating to have a SW that seem to be, and maybe is, a Candidate Release !!
Consider that this sw cannot be uninstalled as you can read on the forum and by the end you have to pay to have some kind of support.

Regards

Daniel

I haven;y managed to uninstall it either. No simple uninstall is available.

We have also run into this problem, and we have been trying for a couple of weeks to find a solution, and the suggestions posted by Parallels are clearly not solving anything. In our case, the problem seem to be that we used a temporary host name for the server (like we usually do) during the installation, and then changed this to the name to be used in the production environment. Business Manager doesn't seem to have a way to fix the URLs accordingly.

I have to admit that I find it quite annoying that Parallels seem to post no-good answers with either a link to a kb (that more often than not will not be related to the issue what-so-ever, or is not solving anything at all), or simply answer with some questions that they do not follow up on.

Dear Parallels: This is a major flaw in Plesk 10, and there are no obvious way to fix this from within the Plesk software. If you think you have provided us with a solution, think again. I have been monitoring this thread thinking that Parallels would come up with a way to solve this issue, but browsing through some other threads, I see that Parallels usually just turn their back at problems they don't understand. Most of the threads in the Parallels forums are left unsolved, or has been solved by the customer himself (or other customers), even though the customer in most cases clearly states that the problem is not solved.

As for the issue at hand: My guess is that the hostname used for Business Manager is hidden somewhere in the encrypted PHP files, and that we won't be able to solve this without some suggestions from Parallels. The way I see it, the only way we can solve this ourselves is to reinstall the OS, Plesk, SQL Servers and customers to fix the URL. I may be wrong, but there's no way to tell as long as Parallels don't come up with a solution. :-(

Business Manager Wont' Work

I want to echo other comments. The Customer and Business Manager would be a huge portion of the purchase decision on Plesk 10, but it is the most frustrating software I've ever dealt with. I've tried on a test server multiple times to get this configured and it simply doesn't work. As mentioned the help from Parallels is simply of no use and the process too painful. Each step I've tried to associate the Customer and Business Manager with the panel fails, despite attempts on a fresh server. For the price, this should work out of the box and not require this type of effort.

We wanted to implement Plesk Panel, but this experience and failure to successfully get all components working has made it far less likely we'll purchase any time soon.

Is there a resolution to this?

the 'fix' is none existent.. i've re-imaged my server a number of times thinking I've done something wrong. I've started it again because Plesk is just plain broken.

After installing the Business Manager I just get stuck in a loop of not been able to log in. Sometimes showing "owner not defined" or informing me I'm already logged in.

The update-hostname.php does not work.

Parallels???? come on please!

Parallels clearly does not monitor these forums, which is just plain stupid. I made my comment in this thread more than two months ago, but Parallels just don't give a damn. This is still a problem for us, and the sole reason that we have not started using this particular server yet, even though we activated the license months ago (money down the drain). Also, we upgraded to lates version of Plesk today. Needless to say, the problem is still there, and a lot of new SSO-related problems was introduced with the upgrade. You just have to love Parallels, their developers, the quality control put into their software and of course their fantasupermagnifitastic support team. Oh, I'm so happy!

I have had several support issues with Parallels, but they never seem to get it right. At most times they just close the tickets (or abandon the forum threads) when they can't find a quick solution, leaving their customers behind.

Based on this thread and other forum threads Parallels have given up on, we have just made the decision not to use Parallels for our VPS program, and to make Parallels a secondary (and not primary) choice for our web hosting customers. Congratulations Paralllels, poor efforts from your forum moderators just cost you enough to pay the yearly salary for a couple of your support dumbos.

We have run cPanel side-by-side with Plesk for many years, but never had any big problems with cPanel like we have with Plesk. The few issues we have had has been solved by the cPanel support staff right away, or we have found answers that have been right on the money in the support forums. Parallels have a shitty KB which is difficult to search and contains mostly half-hearted, no-good suggestions. Parallels have a lot to learn from their competitors.

1) First of all you can use exe wrappers for billing scripts:
Currently they can be found here:
%plesk_dir%\admin\bin\billing-update-hostname.exe
but later we will move them to %plesk_dir%\billing\bin\ for more convenience.

So your call will be billing-update-hostname.exe --new-hostname xxxxxxx.com

2) In Plesk 10.2 our CBM team has introduced special utility billing-repair-integration.exe which can help and solve most integration issues. Do you consider upgrading to 10.2?

This conversation thread is pretty long, let's summarize what issues do you still have?

Back