• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem reducing resource limit for Mailbox

anli

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,
I want to reduce the mailbox size in one subscription. In the subscription I choose "customize" and change the value. Then I choose "Update & lock". However, this message appears:

"Unable to set the required resource usage limit (10 GB Mailbox size) because the new value is less than the amount of resources reserved for your customers or used by yourself (20 GB Mailbox size)."

Schnappschuss_112422_072601_PM.jpg
No reseller is used and I can't find where else 20GB are set.

Can you please point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

If a subscriber uses mailbox sizes larger the new plan value, the subscription cannot be synced to that plan. In that case, the (custom) mailbox size defined in the subscription must be reduced. Afterwards you can sync the subscription to the new max value of the plan.

Hello Peter, thank your for your answer. I'm sorry for the hassle - I tried to reduce the size in the subscription of the customer, not in the service plan. That's why I'm wondering that it does not work. None of his mailboxes exceeds the new limit.

Attachments

• Schnappschuss_112522_090340_AM.jpg
    Schnappschuss_112522_090340_AM.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Schnappschuss_112522_090428_AM.jpg
    Schnappschuss_112522_090428_AM.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 2
Your second screenshot shows that your mail box sizes are set to 20 GB. You need to first reduce the individual mailboxes' sizes from 20 GB to 10 GB. It is not about the usage of the mailboxes, but their max size that has been defined for each individual mailbox.
1669363987707.png

Ah, got it. I didn't see that because both (standard and individual defined mailbox size were the same). If I set all to standard size it works as expected. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Schnappschuss_112522_092700_AM.jpg
    Schnappschuss_112522_092700_AM.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 2
Back