• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem running and removing tomcat web application.

W

webhostireland2

Hi,

Problem running and removing tomcat web application.

Client has uploaded .war tomcat web application using tomcat GUI icon and when you try to start it says "unable to start up tomcat web application : possible reason - tomcat service is not currently running on this server".

Tomcat service is running in services and I can access port :8080 ok.

When I try to remove tomcat web application it says "unable to remove webapplication object: unable to query tomcat manager: connect failed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Dave

Hi,

Thanks. Found out with the help of SW-Soft tech support that the problem was because the domain name that tomcat was installed to was not pointing to the server.

I had to point it to server and restart plesk and everything worked fine.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks,
Dave

Could you explain how you pointed it to the correct domain?

Hi,

Make sure the domain name resolves to your plesk server and not another hosting providers server.

Try pinging domain name in a dos box, e.g. ping domain.com to make sure the IP is your plesk server.

If the domain name currently points to the plesk server and it doesnt work it might be another issue.

Thanks,
Dave

Yes the domains are resolving.

Could you please confirm which ports we need to have open for Tomcat? I have 9080 and 8080.

When using PLESK and accessing a domain's "Tomcat" button plesk just hangs and sits there for atleast 10 minutes. This is the same for all domains and not just one inparticular. Has anyone got any idea's as to what is happening and how to resolve the issue?

Traged1,

As far as I know its port 8080, this is the port I can connect to the tomcat service on.

Try access main server ip on port 8080 to see if you get the apache tomcat server.

http://serverip:8080/

I am not sure what could cause this but maybe someone else will have an idea. swsoft should give better error messages.

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, thank you I have the defualt Tomcat page at http://<IP>:8080 And now that I have opened port 8080 the PLESK Tomcat button appears to work great. That must have been the issue.

Traged1,

Excellent ! great when things work out the way they should :)

Cheers,
Dave

Originally posted by Traged1

When using PLESK and accessing a domain's "Tomcat" button plesk just hangs and sits there for atleast 10 minutes. This is the same for all domains and not just one inparticular. Has anyone got any idea's as to what is happening and how to resolve the issue?

I am having the exact same issue. I can view http://server-ip:8080/ as the Apache Tomcat just like normal. The added all the ports I could think of to the firewall and even turned off the firewall and I still will just hang.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Can you access port 8080 from the server itself using remote desktop ?

Thanks,
Dave

Yes port 8080 loads fine from my office and from inside the server via RDC.

hostname resolve

HI , you told that domani name has to point on tomcat server. My question is tomcat wich domain name resolve? www.something.com or something.com? In the second case do have I to create the dns zone?
after I upload any war file this is the error I get from tomcat:
Unable to start up Java web application: Unable to query Tomcat Manager: Resolving host timed out: eudosia.com

Can Anyone help me?

Thanks.

Hi,

www.eudosia.com resolves to 80.94.113.240

Make sure eudosia.com resolves to your server IP also.

You need to add in A record for eudosia.com into your DNS.

Thanks,
Dave

Back