1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

problem: server stopping once a day

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dz69, Apr 14, 2006.

1. dz69

dz69 Guest

hi,

my plesk 7.5 server has a strange behaviour for some weeks, and i can't figure out what i changed to provoke that.

the plesk server is running in virtuozzo, but is not accessible. when i login to plesk i get directly to virtuozzo and when i click on the clients or domains i get a blank page.

it isnt possible to fetch emails or connect to the mysql database for php scripts. but webservice are running.

outlook reports the following error:
    db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock\' (111)\"

when i restart the VPS in virtuozzo everything runs fine again. and then, next day, booooooom, again that error.

does anyone have a clue for that? maybe so failure in the mysql server? what can i do to solve that problem?

2. poke

poke Guest

What version of MySQL are you running?

You might need to edit my.cfg to "old password" usage...

3. dz69

dz69 Guest

MySQL 4.1.10a

how do i do that exactly? may that help?

4. poke

poke Guest

In /etc/my.cnf

insert under:
    [mysql.server]
    old-passwords

and then restart mysql and try again :)

Hope this helps, I a bit sleepy!

5. dz69

dz69 Guest

nope...that doesn't solved the problem...the server stopped again with the same error messages...

any more clues? :(