• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem: server stopping once a day

D

dz69

hi,

my plesk 7.5 server has a strange behaviour for some weeks, and i can't figure out what i changed to provoke that.

the plesk server is running in virtuozzo, but is not accessible. when i login to plesk i get directly to virtuozzo and when i click on the clients or domains i get a blank page.

it isnt possible to fetch emails or connect to the mysql database for php scripts. but webservice are running.

outlook reports the following error:
db_connect: failed to connect to database: Error: Can\'t connect to local MySQL server through socket \'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock\' (111)\"

when i restart the VPS in virtuozzo everything runs fine again. and then, next day, booooooom, again that error.

does anyone have a clue for that? maybe so failure in the mysql server? what can i do to solve that problem?

What version of MySQL are you running?

You might need to edit my.cfg to "old password" usage...

In /etc/my.cnf

insert under:
[mysql.server]
old-passwords

and then restart mysql and try again :)

Hope this helps, I a bit sleepy!

nope...that doesn't solved the problem...the server stopped again with the same error messages...

any more clues? :(

Back