• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Problem setting crypted e-mail password via XML API

messju

New Pleskian
Hi,

after upgrading from Onyx to Obsidian I have a problem with the XML API.

If I update a plesk users password via the XML API, the user can not access mail via IMAP anymore.
The API responsds with OK and the new password works for logging in to the PLESK web-frontend, but not for IMAP. So it seems, my request is correct.
Everything works if I use password type <plain>, but not for type <crypt> (which I need).

I this a known bug or caused by some mail-server setting?
The same requests worked fine on Onyx, but don't work anymore.

kind regards
messju

Are you able to login to webmail?

If you run the command cat /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf on your server, whats the output?

Also have a look in in your mail log and see what authentication method is used when you try to login with IMAP. In the example log entry below CRAM-MD5 is used.

Code:
Jul 19 23:03:30 cp dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=CRAM-MD5, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=19663, TLS, session=<ZDr5RIDHpK4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>

Thanks for the fast reply and sorry for my late one.
You got me on the track: I tested webmail and the login worked. My first assumption that the IMAP password is not set correctly was wrong since I was pretty sure webmail does authenticate against dovecot. I double checked and found some misconfiguration on my test-client side and now everything works.

thanks and greetings
messju

Back