• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problem switch php version with Onyx 17.5.3

Locotek

New Pleskian
Hello to all.
I have a problem with my Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 trying to switch from php 5.4 to php 7.0, but in general I have trouble indicating any php version that has not already been mentioned before, before switching from Plesk 12 to Onyx.

At this time, if I log in to the host settings of any domain, I do not have a drop down to select which version of php to use
plesk-problem-1.jpg
yet before I moved to Onyx I could change without problems.
From the updates, php 7 is installed, and in the services of the server is also the service which is not activated.
plesk-problem-2.jpg

plesk-problem-3.jpg

Some idea? Did I forget or do something wrong?

Luca

Hi Locotek,

what is the output of the command ( logged in as user "root" over SSH ):
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --list

You are able to disable and enable PHP - Handlers with the example commands:
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --enable -id php7.0-fpm
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --disable -id php7.0-fpm

More Plesk CLI - commands can be found with
Code:
plesk bin php_handler --help

or by reading the official documentation:

=> php_handler: PHP Handlers

And pls. make sure, that you didn't limit the permissions for the depending service plan:

=> HOME > Service Plan > YOUR-SERVICE-PLAN-NAME > (tab) Permissions

this is the output for "plesk bin php_handler --list"

id: display name: full version: version: type: cgi-bin: php-cli: php.ini: custom: status:
cgi 5.6.13 by OS vendor 5.6.30 5.6 cgi /usr/bin/php5-cgi /usr/bin/php5 /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini false disabled
fastcgi 5.6.13 by OS vendor 5.6.30 5.6 fastcgi /usr/bin/php5-cgi /usr/bin/php5 /etc/php5/cgi/php.ini false enabled
fpm 5.6.13 by OS vendor 5.6.30 5.6 fpm /usr/sbin/php5-fpm /usr/bin/php5 /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini false enabled
module 5.6.13 by OS vendor 5.6.30 5.6 module /usr/bin/php5-cgi /usr/bin/php5 /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini false disabled
plesk-php54-cgi 5.4.45 5.4.45 5.4 cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.4/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php54-fastcgi 5.4.45 5.4.45 5.4 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.4/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php54-fpm 5.4.45 5.4.45 5.4 fpm /opt/plesk/php/5.4/sbin/php-fpm /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.4/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php56-cgi 5.6.31 5.6.31 5.6 cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php56-fastcgi 5.6.31 5.6.31 5.6 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php56-fpm 5.6.31 5.6.31 5.6 fpm /opt/plesk/php/5.6/sbin/php-fpm /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php70-cgi 7.0.23 7.0.23 7.0 cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php70-fastcgi 7.0.23 7.0.23 7.0 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php70-fpm 7.0.23 7.0.23 7.0 fpm /opt/plesk/php/7.0/sbin/php-fpm /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini true enabled

if i try to manually enable with "plesk bin php_handler --enable -id php7.0-fpm" give:

The PHP handler "php7.0-fpm" is not found.
exit status 4

the problem is that after updating to Onyx, the Service Plan item disappeared, leaving only the previously created ones working. Do I have something wrong?

Attachments

• plesk-problem-4.jpg
    plesk-problem-4.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 5
Hi Locotek,

if i try to manually enable with "plesk bin php_handler --enable -id php7.0-fpm" give:

The PHP handler "php7.0-fpm" is not found.
exit status 4
The ID of the quoted Plesk PHP - handler is => plesk-php70-fpm , so pls. use the correct example command:

Code:
plesk bin php_handler --enable -id plesk-php70-fpm
( which is currently ENABLED, as shown within your "list" - command. So there is no need to enable it. ;)

In addition, pls. consider to use the "Service Provider view", if you desire to see more than with your "Poweruser view" at your Plesk navigation menu.

Pls. make as well sure, that you didn't limit your view at your "Home > Tools & Settings > Custom View Settings"

Hello and thanks for the reply :)
Unfortunately I do not have any buttons like Interface Views or Custom View Settings I've tried in every way to look for them but nothing to do in the search field too.

I also tried to change the language by returning to English.

but, can't be the plesk version i have? I have the web pro edition.

Attachments

• plesk-problem-5.jpg
    plesk-problem-5.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 3
Back