• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem Updating Plesk with Smallbusiness Panel

D

DafneB

Hi,

i tried to update my pleskinstallation.
Befor i tried to update "cat /root/.autoinstaller/micoupdates.xml" gave following information
product id = ppsmbe
version = 10.2.0
patch version = 7

Following the advice from this website "http://kb.parallels.com/de/9294" i was using the command
Code:
$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id ppsmbe --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

After reader the website "http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/parallels-plesk-panel-10-linux-updates-release-notes.html" i expected, that "cat /root/.autoinstaller/micoupdates.xml" would be now at patch version 16, but nothing has changed. The were no errormessages while patchprocess. The last message i got was "File downloading PPSMBE_10.2.0/mcroupdates/MU7/common/Agent.php: was skipped because of md5 checksum match." Though the line itself was not suprising since i was already at patch version 7.

I tried the command
Code:
$PRODUCT_ROOT_D/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
too, but got the error "The root element is named incorrectly in the file /root/parallels/PSA_10.4.4/plesk-10.4.4-cos5-x86_64.inf3" (same as in this thread). I guess this generally happens when you try to update the Small Business Version to another "major"-release - though it might be an error too - this is my first pleskupdate so i do not know.

The Pleskpanel at the website does not show me that there is a new update.

My Linuxversion:
"cat /etc/issue" tells me:
CentOS release 5.5(Final)
uname -a tells me:
Linusversion 2.6.18-028stab094.3 . . . (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)

Should there be an update for my version? Have i done something wrong?

I am looking forward for your help.

mfg

Thank you for your response.

Migrating was not planed. This error was a coincidence since i thought the command might pick the right options and update my version.

But your answer results in some questions at my side.

• Small Business Panel is not mentioned in the list at side: http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP10/parallels-plesk-panel-10-linux-updates-release-notes.html. If SBP* is not Plesk Panel, is there another website were i can check if there are updates available?
    • For the case there is another page, and for the case there are updates available. Why might my version did not get an update?
    • For the case there is no other page, how can i tell which is the latest version for my SBP?
  • I recognize some security vulnerabilities within the later patches for plesk panel 10.2 and 10.4. Assuming my version 10.2 MU7 is the latest for SBP. Is my SBP vulnerable for them too?

mfg

*SBP = Small Business Panel

Ah that looks good :).
Thank your help.

The Topic can be closed.

Back