• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem Upgrading from 7.5.5

A

aylwyn

Hey all :)

Got a little prob I need some help with please.

I principally want to run ASP.NET 2.0 sites and am thus required to run Plesk 7.5.6. I have downloaded and installed the upgrade patch however it doesn't seem to have installed properly.

Add / Remove Programs has the upgrade patch in its list of installed programs, but Plesk itself is reporting that it is version 7.5.5 and it is contantly reverting my websites back to ASP.NET 1.1. I have also run the Reg IIS util in an attempt to rectify this.

I am happy to uninstall Plesk altogether and do a fresh install of 7.5.6 rather than trying to apply an upgrade patch to 7.5.5 but don't know how to effect a complete uninstall.

I am also assuming that I will be able to make a backup copy of the licence key and then upload it once Plesk 7.5.6 in installed. Is the key contained in the Plesk/Admin/Key directory?

Any suggestions or workarounds will be helpful. SWSoft Support cannot help as I purchased Plesk with my hosting package, and my hosting provider offers no support as I bought a Virtual Dedicated Server and it is provided to me as is.

Regards,

Paul

Upgrading Plesk on VPS frequently unsuccessfull.
There are to ways for you:
1. buy support from swsoft and they'll upgrade you manually
2. buy new vps with Plesk 7.5.6 template

And if I want to uninstall and re-install Plesk myself? Surely this is possible? I have root access to the machine via remote desktop.

Where is the licence key stored? Plesk has the ability to upload a key so I guess I can make a copy of the key and store it on my machine, uninstall Plesk 7.5.5, install 7.5.6 and log in and upload the key. What reasons are there that would prohibit this?

Regards,

Paul.

Plesk key is an executable which contains unique key chained with your order number and your provided information. You can contact [email protected]. And they provide your key in form of executable file.
John S.G.

Back