• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with Access_log

V

varet

After upgrading from 9.2.3 to 9.3.0 i have a problem on my server with access_logs.

The logs are not writing anything.
Everything is written on access_ssl_log Even if the customer has disabled the SSL.

After upgrade my statistics are empty. and everything is updated on: /webstat_ssl.

Try to rebuild vhosts settings with 'websrvmng -v -a'

We see the same problem. Running websrvmng does not help. It seems this happens on servers which have the piped logs feature enabled (recommended on servers with 300-900 domains).

Last edited:
Yeap. I have the same problem With pipped logs enabled
And i have done this websrvmng -a -v

Same problem. This results in statistics only being updated to the webstat-ssl path

A virtuozzo VPS with piped logging enabled has no entries in the access_log for domains since updating.
A VPS that does not have piped logging enabled is updating fine.

This means that all statistics updating fails for the entire server since the logs it grabs the data from are empty. At least it's still getting written to 'a' log (ssl) and the webstats can be found under the webstat-ssl/ path.

Same problem here on several server!, is there a fix? Why does a Plesk updates alway's have problems?? :(

Please advice!

I have forwarded this problem to developers for the further investigation. I have requested workaround. Let's wait their answer. I will update this thread when I receive it.

IgorG,

That solves the problem - I replaced my pipelog binary in /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin with the workaround provided and restarted apache. Tailing the access_log for a domain that was not having anything written to it previously, now shows log entries during accesses of the domain.

While I can't yet confirm that the stats update, I see no reason why they shouldn't now that the access log is being populated.

Thanks,

Jordan

I replaced /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pipelog on a CentOS 5.4 (x86_64) server with the file from the zip archive. I ran /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a -v afterwards, but logging still goes to access_ssl_log instead of access_log.

The patched pipelog doesn't seem to fix the problem. Or did I forget something?

I replaced /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/pipelog on a CentOS 5.4 (x86_64) server with the file from the zip archive. I ran /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng -a -v afterwards, but logging still goes to access_ssl_log instead of access_log.

The only other things I did was make sure the permissions matched the old pipelog binary exactly, which you probably did as well and restarted apache. The server I tested this on was a 32-bit virtuozzo VPS running CentOS 5.4

I wonder if the binary is x64 compatible (or if it even matters for this binary)?

I have forwarded your questions and requests to developers. Let's wait their answer.

Mine Works properly.

I want to add that i stopped apache, replaced the file and started it again.

Regards.

I should have checked before I tried it. Yes, it is indeed a 32-bit binary, so I guess that's why it didn't work on my 64-bit clean system:

Code:
# file pipelog
pipelog: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

Back