• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with e-mail

Spyder

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I saw something strange these days.

the server is runnig under FreeBSD

I try explain using 10.0.0.0 networks, ther real ip are real ips with no NAT.

The base plesk server is 10.0.0.X and have some domains in shared mode.

But have some more domais in the same machine with own ip address ( to offer ftp and tunne badwith in firewall ) like

pleskserver.com - 10.0.0.X
domain1.com - 10.0.0.a
domain2.com - 10.0.0.b
domain3.com - 10.0.0.c
domain4.com - 10.0.0.d
domain5.com - 10.0.0.e
domain6.com - 10.0.0.f

The problem is:

The client using the domain5.com (10.0.0.e) is woking fine the http/https/smtp(in)/pop/imap all working perfect.

but all email smtp(out) is going from the base IP (10.0.0.X)address and not from domain5.com (10.0.0.e) ... in this way i must trotlle all connections to this machine and not only to the domain5.com.

There is some tunning, adjust in qmail or other point to make the smtp(out) from domain5.com use every time the right IP (10.0.0.e) and never the main IP ( 10.0.0.X)

TIA.

Yes, this is possible, but not easy.

Qmail by default will use the "main" IP to send out messages. There is a patch for Qmail (listed at qmail.org ) that will link domains to IP addresses, but Plesk uses a custom version of Qmail that would probably make patching Qmail non-trivial.

Further, Plesk wouldn't update the file that contains the list of domainname -> IP addresses by itself.

We know the problem of monolitic build of plesk binaries for freebsd.

We can start think, work in some way to make this kind of patch work with our loved BSD :)

I will now send this links and this forum link to some people @ sw-soft or 4PSA (who released one qmail toll ) to try some thing in this way.

Thank's

Back