• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with mariaDB repository

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
For today I get 2 error messages which probably belongs to each other:

ERROR: E:The repository 'Index of /mariadb/repo/10.5/ubuntu/ focal Release' no longer has a Release file.
2022-02-19 05:32:16 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

2. run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/60sa-update exited with return code 4.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve it. Is there any other repository what I could use for mariaDB 10.5?

Hi!

I have the same problem since the day before yesterday. A few weeks ago I upgraded MariaDB from 10.1 to 10.4 using the Plesk solution (Ubuntu 18.04).

Grund: 2022-02-19 04:10:38 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2022-02-19 04:10:40 ERROR: E:The repository 'Index of /mariadb/repo/10.4/ubuntu/ bionic Release' no longer has a Release file.
2022-02-19 04:10:40 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

For today I get 2 error messages which probably belongs to each other:

ERROR: E:The repository 'Index of /mariadb/repo/10.5/ubuntu/ focal Release' no longer has a Release file.
2022-02-19 05:32:16 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

2. run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/60sa-update exited with return code 4.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve it. Is there any other repository what I could use for mariaDB 10.5?

Part 1:
Might not be exactly the same cause n' effect and no idea what OS you're using (No Forum Sig etc) but when we had this, it was due to the source for MariaDB updates in here: /etc/apt/sources.list.d having become "unusable" (sic). Instead of using any 3rd party option, we configured a new file from HERE (MariaDB) & replaced the existing/file. No further issues with any updates of MariaDB ever since... MariaDB 10.5 was the 1st release we've used, that this happened FWIW

Part2:
This is already covered in an existing thread: Issue - What's that cron message i received via mail and WHY!?

Please find following my configuration. Does it make a difference?
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz (10 core(s))
Version Plesk Obsidian v18.0.41_build1800220207.23 os_Ubuntu 20.04
OS Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Please find following my configuration. Does it make a difference?
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v3 @ 2.50GHz (10 core(s))
Version Plesk Obsidian v18.0.41_build1800220207.23 os_Ubuntu 20.04
OS Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Run a full server, snapshot back up, so that you can recover back to exactly where you were before you started (that's probably the quickest, most accurate method - if that's needed...) then run the replacement process - either post #4 or #5 above. Plesk has moved on a couple of releases since we did it, but you're using the same Ubuntu OS / MariaDB release, so it should be fine. Take your time to carefully follow all of the steps involved, i.e. try it & then post your results afterwards.

Run a full server, snapshot back up, so that you can recover back to exactly where you were before you started (that's probably the quickest, most accurate method - if that's needed...) then run the replacement process - either post #4 or #5 above. Plesk has moved on a couple of releases since we did it, but you're using the same Ubuntu OS / MariaDB release, so it should be fine. Take your time to carefully follow all of the steps involved, i.e. try it & then post your results afterwards.
Thank you for the detailed recommendation! Before following your proposal I made yesterday evening a last test, checked prior to this the russian repository which seems to be fine and simply used apt update && apt upgrade via ssh. Result: my current version of MariaDB was upgraded by 4 steps and I am now running MariaDB 10.5.15 obviously succesful. This morning I checked the update process and did not receive any error messages or warnings over night. So I suppose I solved it but I am not entirely sure why plesk-update didn`t do this for me as usual. However, I recommend all having this problem to apply apt update && apt upgrade (sudo or root if not disabled) restart the server and see, whether it also solves the problem with the russian repository.

Hi!

I have the same problem since the day before yesterday. A few weeks ago I upgraded MariaDB from 10.1 to 10.4 using the Plesk solution (Ubuntu 18.04).
I tried yesterday to manually upgrade my MariaDB using apt update && apt upgrade via ssh. and this solved my problem. Maybe this could help you as a last test before following the good proposal by NS.

Back