• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Problem with page speed running on server.

Maxflor

New Pleskian
Good day.
Please, I have a problem with the page speed. Sometimes it goes beautifully fast and sometimes it is terribly slow. The page also takes more than 15 seconds to load. When clicking through subpages, the loading time is sometimes 2 seconds, but sometimes 15 seconds or more. Can't advise what it could be? or what to look at?
I can't handle it. As if bo problem with cache or what.
I am attaching a link to the web: www.maxflor.sk
Thank you very much.

Hi,

From what I can see in the devtools of my browser, your site is loading A LOT of elements just to render the homepage:

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 12.51.33.png

The best way to tackle these speed issues is to use Google Lighthouse:

It identifies most problems and tells you how to solve them.

Also try to use a cache like w3 total cache, which is a plugin for WordPress.

The site is made for prestashop. And sooner than if there was a memory problem, the start page loads quite quickly + the first clicks on the web are fine and then it starts to freeze ...

Do you have any errors in the error logs?

- go to <subscription> -> Logs
- choose the error logs:

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 13.58.26.png

I have this error there
AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/views/templates/front/shoppingCart/cart_data.tpl) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/maxflor.sk/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/maxflor.sk/httpdocs/classes/module/Module.php on line 2509PHP message: PHP Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/views/templates/front/footer/partials/fbpixel.tpl) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/maxflor.sk/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/maxflor.sk/httpdocs/classes/module/Module.php on line 2509', referer: Spodné prádlo | maxflor.sk

I've found this solution for that problem:

btw:
I don't think that this has anything to do with the issues you're having. You should use some kind of caching solution, for example the Nginx cache in Plesk:
Subscription -> Apache & nginx Settings -> Enable nginx caching

If you're already using Nginx + Apache:
- choose "FPM application served by Apache" handler in PHP-settings
- enable Enable nginx caching in Apache & Nginx Settings
You don't have to change the default .htaccesss file that comes with Prestoshop in order to enable the Nginx cache.

Before you do this, test the current state of your website:

After you've enabled the Nginx cache, run the test again to check if it gets a higher score and if the site doesn't freeze.

Hello, the problem still persists :-( The server is managed by a friend.
I noticed that the server response is terribly long and it makes it slow to load.
well thank you

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky 2022-04-29 o 13.17.57.png
    Snímka obrazovky 2022-04-29 o 13.17.57.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 5
You should talk to your friend. Either the server has to many subscriptions running or it's low on resources like memory, cpu cores etc.

I've already sent it to him, but it's still defended that it's not a problem with the server but with prestashop ... But it will definitely be something with the server - I increased the performance. When I look at the logs on the server, I can see there how long it takes to load. I can't handle it anymore.

Attachments

• time.jpg
    time.jpg
    902.7 KB · Views: 6
Ask your friend to add this in the Apache & nginx Settings -> Additional nginx directives section:

Code:
location ~* \.(js|css|png|jpg|jpeg|gif|ico)$ {
    access_log  off;
}

That will prevent all files ending in (js|css|png|jpg|jpeg|gif|ico) from being logged. It could make some differences in the speed of your website.

Also: Prestashop needs at least 256MB of RAM. You can change that in PHP Settings -> memory_limit

He won't be back until Thursday from vacation but I'll write thank you for the tip. As for the memory limit, it is set at 512mb

Back