• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with Plesk Session

Andreas W.W

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I been looking for this issue at a few places and also google it, found a few similar problems but no real advice.

Since about 2 weeks or so I try to login into Plesk (verson 11 and also an older version 9), get on the DashBoard page and if I click some link within that DashBoard I get logged out again, get to see the login screen. Sometime I could do 2 clicks somewhere but also get logged out again. This also seems to happen with one of my servers that has an older version of Plesk (V 9). Actually I do not know what to do about this problem. I cleared cookies in my browser, does also not help. I login to the Plesk servers with their IP Adress of the server, eg https://111.222.333.444:8443. A few months ago I chnaged the Session Timeout to a longer value, so that should not be the problem.

My only idea is the constantly changing (visibale) IP address of my network connection, I have the feeling that the Provider use a proxy and this proxy changes the IP address every few seconds. Like said, before 2 weeks ago I never had that problem. I also had on one server to switch off IP check for Horde, because oterherwise I am not able to read my emails on my outer imap server (via webmail).

I also should mention, that I work from south china and that complicates things, I just can not call the provider, because the problem is not my local DSL or some hardware, it is their network I guess, so it makes no sense.

Anyway, I have to do a few immediate changes on the server and need to get logged into Plesk on that very server, is there any chance I can (at least temp.) switch off some kind like IP check. Actually I do not know how the internal authenticatin is working in Plesk 11, but maybe there is a little tweak I can do do get my work done and change it back.

I work from Linux/Unix workstations, browsers are FF, Chrome and I tried all and can not get logged into Plesk, also from other machines in the same network.

Maybe somebody has an idea what to do about this.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Back