• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with SpamAssain

D

diness

Hello,

I bought the add on for SpamAssain, becuase I was thick and tired of all that incoming spam in my mailsboxes.

However when I ask spam assain to work with Server wide settings and only with 2 hits. Nothing happens - I still get the same amount of spam.

What happens? Why doesn´t it work?

You should verify if the spamd demon is up and running, this can be done in Server -> Service Management -> Spam Assassin.

I have check the service mangement - and the spamassain is green and up and running.

I also tried to restart the server, unchecking the wide server settings - and pressing it on again.

I have not setup any rules for spamassain, but I assume, that the program have some kind os blacklist, known spam mails etc.

Spam Assissan have a ruleset already in it but you can add more custom rules to it ..

Your score setting might be too high so try lowering it .. I have mine set at 4 but if you set it too low you will start hitting legitemates emails ....

Also there is a bad bug in 7.5.1 where you had to enable severwide then disable severwide twice in each mailbox before spam assissan will start working for each mailbox

Bill

Back