• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with VHost

Compi

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS Arm
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54 Update #3
Hi there!

I am having an issue with a Plesk Server which has been running for about a month now. I access the Plesk Panel via https://servername.domain.com:8443, which works.
Although, If I access the URL without the Plesk Port 8443 it shows the content of a domain hosted on the server (ID 1)
This started happening today after I had to reboot the machine.

I hope you can help!

Hi @Compi , please have a look at this manual page. It can probably solve the issue:

Hey Peter, thanks for the reply.
In fact, I already had set this setting to:
  • The server IP address or hostname with the specified port 8443. Browsing https://<server-IP-or-hostname>:8443 will open the Plesk login page.

I also tried the other option now, which allows login with all (sub)domains that resolve to the server, but it still happens.

This is the URL in question, rather than showing an error page with login button, it shows the contents of my very first added domain to Plesk:

(This is the hostname of the Plesk Server, not the first domain)

Also, it has a valid certificate, but it still throws a warning in browser.

It worked before I rebooted the server. (It was a clean reboot with ACPI event)

Thank you again!

When you add the :8443 to your domain, you can see your login page, because then the Plesk webserver reacts, not your subscription domain's Nginx or Apache. Your webserver homepage also has a valid SSL certificate. So I think the whole issue is a simple browser cache issue. Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Your configuration as described above only allows login access through the :8443 port. Other requests will not be handled. It is correct that the webserver default page is displayed when the port is omitted. If you want your login page to show when the port is omitted, you need to select that option from the custom login URL page. Also make sure that the domain has not been added to a subscription.

Back