• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems after Upgrade OS Vendor PHP

Eppolit

New Pleskian
I upgraded OS vendor PHP (CentOS 7) from version 5 to 7.2.1. I followed the steps:

Α. Upgrade PHP (How to upgrade OS vendor PHP on CentOS 7?)
B. Installation of IonCube loader
C. Registration modules (module, cgi, fpm, fastcgi):
# plesk bin php_handler --update -id fastcgi -displayname "7.2.1 by OS vendor"

After these steps I have these problems:

When I choose PHP 7.2 by Os Vendor - handler FPM served by nginx, for a domain, it fails and gives me the following message:
Error: phpinimng failed: Unable to update the config file for 'fpm' service due to syntax errors.
So, this domain crashes after that.

I have these report for Vendor PHP:
[root@server ~]# php -v
PHP 7.2.1 (cli) (built: Jan 3 2018 08:53:04) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.1.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.

Also I did this test on SSH:
# php-fpm -–test
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: [/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf:1] value is NULL for a ZEND_INI_PARSER_ENTRY
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: Unable to include /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf from /etc/php-fpm.conf at line 1
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php-fpm.conf'
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Please, can you help me to resolve these problems?

But what is in like 1 of file /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf?

On my test Plesk 17.5 CentOS7 server I see:

# cat /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf
# Default www-pool configuration has been disabled by Plesk Panel.
# Pool configuration was saved in '/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf.saved_by_psa'.

Try to remove all from this file.

Ok, the file is empty.
On php-fp --test I receive:
NOTICE: configuration file /etc/php-fpm.conf test is successful

Thank you for your support. One last thing. On the screenshot, it still shows the old PHP 5 OS vendor. Is it a problem?

Attachments

• vendor.jpg
    vendor.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 14
Is it a problem?
No, it's just Plesk installer information.
It would be better to go to Tools & Settings > Server Components and check PHP there. Click Refresh button if necessary.

The reason for the error is that the content that the Plesk software places in /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf is using the wrong prefix # for comments.

The # character should be replaced by a semi-colon ;

(You can change the contents of this file, but ultimately this is a bug that should be fixed by Plesk.)

My advice is NOT to remove the file as an update to the php-fpm package will place the rpmdefault www.conf again.

Back