• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Problems after Upgrade OS Vendor PHP

Eppolit

New Pleskian
I upgraded OS vendor PHP (CentOS 7) from version 5 to 7.2.1. I followed the steps:

Α. Upgrade PHP (How to upgrade OS vendor PHP on CentOS 7?)
B. Installation of IonCube loader
C. Registration modules (module, cgi, fpm, fastcgi):
# plesk bin php_handler --update -id fastcgi -displayname "7.2.1 by OS vendor"

After these steps I have these problems:

When I choose PHP 7.2 by Os Vendor - handler FPM served by nginx, for a domain, it fails and gives me the following message:
Error: phpinimng failed: Unable to update the config file for 'fpm' service due to syntax errors.
So, this domain crashes after that.

I have these report for Vendor PHP:
[root@server ~]# php -v
PHP 7.2.1 (cli) (built: Jan 3 2018 08:53:04) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2017 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2017 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v10.1.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by ionCube Ltd.

Also I did this test on SSH:
# php-fpm -–test
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: [/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf:1] value is NULL for a ZEND_INI_PARSER_ENTRY
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: Unable to include /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf from /etc/php-fpm.conf at line 1
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: failed to load configuration file '/etc/php-fpm.conf'
[09-Jan-2018 22:50:20] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

Please, can you help me to resolve these problems?

But what is in like 1 of file /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf?

On my test Plesk 17.5 CentOS7 server I see:

# cat /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf
# Default www-pool configuration has been disabled by Plesk Panel.
# Pool configuration was saved in '/etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf.saved_by_psa'.

Try to remove all from this file.

Ok, the file is empty.
On php-fp --test I receive:
NOTICE: configuration file /etc/php-fpm.conf test is successful

Thank you for your support. One last thing. On the screenshot, it still shows the old PHP 5 OS vendor. Is it a problem?

Attachments

• vendor.jpg
    vendor.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 14
Is it a problem?
No, it's just Plesk installer information.
It would be better to go to Tools & Settings > Server Components and check PHP there. Click Refresh button if necessary.

The reason for the error is that the content that the Plesk software places in /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf is using the wrong prefix # for comments.

The # character should be replaced by a semi-colon ;

(You can change the contents of this file, but ultimately this is a bug that should be fixed by Plesk.)

My advice is NOT to remove the file as an update to the php-fpm package will place the rpmdefault www.conf again.

Back