• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems after upgrade RHEL5 - IMAP and BIND

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having some problems after a RHEL5 (now 5.1) upgrade (yum).

The first problem was related to "bind". It wasn't starting anymore.

After some research I have managed to make it work, removing bind-suexec (or something like that - "rpm -e bind-suexec") and adjusting the "/etc/named.conf" file:

directory "/var/named/run-root/var/";
auth-nxdomain no;
pid-file "/var/run/named/named.pid";

(The paths were changed).

I don't know which step make it work, so if you are having this problem, try to adjust "named.conf" first.

The second problem is with IMAP.

Horde and SquirrelMail are not working anymore.

I found a lot of threads at this forum about IMAP problems, but I couldn't find a solution.

The problem is with IMAP itself, not with any Webmail.

IMAP is not working correctly in a simple telnet test:

telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).

Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.

AAA LOGIN [email protected] password
Connection closed by foreign host.

If I enter a wrong password, I have a different behavior:

AAA LOGIN [email protected] wrong-password
LOGIN NO Error in IMAP command received by server.

So it looks like an authentication problem.

"ps aux | grep imap" returns this:

/usr/lib/courier-imap/couriertcpd -address=0 -stderrlogger=/usr/sbin/courierlogger -stderrloggername=imapd -maxprocs=40 -maxperip=4 -pid=/var/run/imapd.pid -nodnslookup -noidentlookup 143 /usr/sbin/imaplogin /usr/lib/courier-imap/authlib/authpsa /usr/bin/imapd Maildir

Here you can see an "authpsa" parameter. Can the problem be related to this authentication "module"?

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
Alexandre

It's a courier-imap bug in connection with the 5.1 selinux update.

Disabling selinux solves the IMAP problem. Just setting the status to permissive doesn't.

Should be fixed in Plesk 8.3

Back