• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems of Web-mail and Web-server

synthetic5995

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I've some problems with web-mail and web-server. When i add new Subscription with Web-hosting Service. It show error:

"New files of configuration for Apache web server were not built due to errors in configuration templates: nginx: [emerg] open() "/var/run/nginx.pid" failed (13: Permission denied) nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed . The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating broken configuration or click here to retry generating of all configurations."

"Error: New web server configuration for some of the subscription's domains was not built due to errors in configuration templates. The detailed error message was e-mailed to you, so please check the e-mail, fix the errors, and click here to retry generating configuration."

And in the email:

"Unable to generate the web server configuration file on the host <shared04.gdsvn.net> because of the following errors:

nginx: [emerg] open() "/var/run/nginx.pid" failed (13: Permission denied)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

Please resolve the errors in web server configuration templates and generate the file again."

But web-mail (horde) and web-server working fine. What's the problems?

Thank You So Much!

Since you (as many others) didn't specify Plesk and OS version, I'll just shoot blindly here. If you have SELinux, disable (set to permissive mode) it. If this helps, check that you have correct policies installed and post related errors from audit.log.

Back