• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Problems with backup remote.

Dani81

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 10.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.63_build1800240902.09
Hello everyone,
for some time now my Plesk server has been refusing to make backups due to lack of space. It requires 111GB of free space, but I only have 102GB. However, this shouldn't be the problem since I don't want to back up locally, but rather to a remote FTP that I have configured and which has 1.2TB of free space. Does anyone know why it refuses to create the backup when the configuration is set to store it remotely?

Is it really necessary to have local space on the server in order to create a remote backup?

Thanks.

Yes, it is neccessary to have enough local space, because the backup is always performed locally and only transferred to the remote storage afterwards.

Back