• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with BlackBerry and IMAP/SMTP

Spyder

Regular Pleskian
I have some clients who started use BlackBerries, this work fine but now I have some complains.

The server is setup with authorization support and POP3 authorization and lock time with 40 min.

I only permit users to send email via this servers if autenticated and use anti spam solutions off server (Barracuda Network appliance and SpamExperts SAS services).

Since last month some users start report one problem:

User have this setup.

01 - Outlook client on office - xDSL with dinamic IP
01 - Outlook client on home - xDSL with dinamic IP
01 - Blackberry solution pulling server via IMAP constantily - with one mappable IP addres.

Some times when he try send email from office or even home using Outlook he receive messages as 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1).

Digging on servers log I gess the problem is:

User autenticate from office, and start write email in this mean time the Blackberry autenticate and "move" the permited addres to other network, when client click send on email he receive this message 553 sorry as autenticated addres is now on Blackberry network.

I tried think in one solution to this problem but I can't find some "work arround" to calm the client and put them back to MY confort zone :).

I verified the http://kb.odin.com/en/168 but there is no guidance to permit client so send email from 2 networks.

I hope in your answer

Regards

Last edited:
Thanks, I just read the the thread, and this is what happen but whit one "small" difference.. the client uses BlackBerry in paralle.

I understand and as decribed on original post all server set up is correct but with 40 min lock time.

I personally verified client setup 3 weeks ago as this client is kind a "VIP".. and I must offer more close attention.

But as exlpained digg on logs and don't find nothing besides the "bouncing auth" from xDSL outlook @ office and Blackberry connection, because this I think my problem is something as try open relay for two addres as same time, but I will verify configuration again.

I haven't any news from developers. I will update thread with any results of investigation as soon as I receive it.

I have received following from developers:
I've tried to reproduce the problem on a clean default Plesk installation to no avail.
I've set SMTP relay with POP3 auth lock 40 min as described. Then I could find no problems with permitted address being moved when accessed from 2 or 3 networks. I've tried both POP3 and IMAP.

Hummm this is not so easy.

There is some chance the "dumb" Outlook client don't send the auth after send message ?
The set up on client side is to do this but.. is M$ Outlook 2003 (i think but must verify)

Back