• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems with cron: /etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper

Ioan

New Pleskian
Every hour I recevied an email with title: Cron <root@krioft> cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
The message is: run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper exited with return code 1

I don't understand what is wrong. Last time I changed PHP versions on server from plesk installer.

@Ioan I am also having this exact same issue on Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu 16.04. Hourly cron runs and sends me this error via email, every hour, all day long, every day. I also recently switched off all the old and outdated/deprecated PHP versions via the Plesk Installer, leaving only PHP 7.3.11 active on the server. All of my sites are set to use 7.3 and are running fine, and I've configured the terminal command line to use 7.3 as well, so I'm not sure what's going on here.

I figured out what is the problem in my case.
I runed manually each command from /etc/cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper, and the folder /var/lib/php/sessions did not exist. I created it and now works fine, no email.

Hello, i have this issue since i uninstalled all PHP versions but 7.4.x.
I checked and /var/lib/php/sessions folder exist.
But i still receive this mail each hour ...

‪Debian 9.13‬ with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 Update #1

This is content of script :
if [ -e "/etc/cron.d/php" -a -x "/usr/lib/php/sessionclean" ]; then # sessions are cleaned by system php crontask. exit 0 fi pgrep -f ".*$0$" | grep -qv $$ && exit 0 renice 19 -p $$ >/dev/null 2>&1 [ -x /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/maxlifetime ] && [ -d /var/lib/php/sessions ] && /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/php_session_cleaner /var/lib/php/sessions $(/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/maxlifetime)

Last edited:
Hi, I also had that issue on Plesk Obsidian 18.0.32 Update Nr. 2 after deinstalling old PHP handlers.

A plesk repair obviously created the sessions directory with the correct access rights, so I think that's the preferred way.

Regards
Florian

I'm having the same error on a fresh Plesk Obsidian 18.0.40.

Following your advice, I've now run a plesk repair all and answered yes to every single question. This did uncover unregistered PHP handlers. I selected "FPM application" of the latest 8.0.13 version of PHP as handler and it said FIXED. All the rest was reported as OK.

I'll report back if this helped or not.

Back