• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with MySQL

P

pg116

Several times during the day I'm seeing MySQL crash and stop accepting connections. It lasts about 2-5 minutes and then is fine.

How can I fix this?

Anyone else seeing it?

Is it crashing or just stopping accepting connections? You might be reaching the default max number of connections - try to set that number higher than default in my.ini.

Also, if your server is very active, you might even experience the lack of free ports to connect (Windows has only 4000 ports configured by default, and it often takes a few minutes before the port could be reused). In this case you can try the solution from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196271

Check the output of "netstat -np tcp" - if you see thousands of connections to port 3306 in TIME_WAIT status, then the latter is probably your problem.

It appears that it stops accepting connections. I'll try upping the max clients.

Ok, I've changed my.ini and rebooted. But I'm looking at phpmyadmin and the max connections is still at the old value???

Back