• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Problems with Plesk DNS

N

NeusA

Hi!

I just migrated from a Plesk 8.3 to a 9.3 in windows server. The final step was just activating the DNS servers on the domain register, I already did that and have checked the new IP is working just fine..

The problem is that the DNS server in Plesk is not responding to DNS petitions, I have checked and DNS zone is active through Plesk... I have restarted DNS service but still no answer... All the domains in the server are not working because the DNS in the server's IP does not respond

Through checkdns.net I get "Tried to fetch SOA record for domain, but DNS server ns1.exampledomain.com [1.1.1.1] returned error code Refused" (I changed real name and ip)

Through other websites I get "Cannot get SOA" and "cannot get NS records" and similar things, though the IP responds just fine and the first step (dns recognition and IP translation) works also fine...

I don't know what else to check, I have also tried checking in plesk the IETF and RIPE option in the SOA section with no results...

Any ideas??

Thank you

Neus

I have checked plesk firewall and has the rule "DNS request via TCP protocol" and "DNS request via UDP protocol" activated... so port 53 should be open

I have checked with tools and they state that the port is open and active...

Back