1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

problems with scheduled backup

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by member31, Jan 9, 2008.

1. member31

member31 Guest

I have a problem with my shedulded backup to ftp. The backups work between 5-8 days after then no shedulded backup will work. When i reboot the server then the shedulded backup run between 5-8 days and i always musst restart the server. Where can i see the log files from backups? Have anyone the same problem? sorry my english is not so good :)

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hi,

sorry, but all logs may have relevance here.
    Sheduled remote backups or local? What do the psa logs show. 70 %of the actions are logged in a linux server. That is much in comparison to a windows but may be too little for linux.
    So no logs ...

3. unika

unika Guest

Scheduled backups are run by `backupmng` utility that is called every 15 minutes and checks if it is time to create some backup, you can see it in root cron tasks:

# crontab -l -u root | grep backup
    */15 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1

Make sure that crond service is running and try to restart it first:

# /etc/init.d/crond restart

4. member31

member31 Guest

Hello if crond service would not run then i dont understand why all other crons run, for example the daily statistics allways run, so i think thats not the problem...sorry for my english :)