• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems With Transfer To Google Cloud Compute

Nic Baslock

New Pleskian
I recently migrated over to Google Cloud Compute. Right now, I have a mirror image of my previous server on it. After changing IP's and going through a ton of issues, I still can't get it to work properly.

Does anyone have any advice - or for that matter has made the transition effectively?

After speaking to Plesk Support, they said that I needed to change all DNS settings on Plesk to point to my new server. I had already done that. Additionally after changing the name servers over, it did not resolve.

I'm not sure if it's necessarily a Plesk specific problem, or an issue with how Cloud Compute's DNS works. Essentially my situation is, I have GoDaddy as the current registrar and it's creating a name server as well, on a dedicated box. I mirrored that box onto a Cloud Compute instance, so in theory, all I should need to do is change the IP settings in plesk, then point it towards that IP. However in practice, that is not working.

I'd like to continue using Plesk if possible; however right now I can't get it to actually be visible to to the outside world, or resolve.

When making any changes to DNS or nameservers you have to wait for the changes to 'propagate' through the various nameservers. I believe a way around this is to set TTL to 0 before making any changes (untested).

Back