1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Proftpd stopped working

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by staaf, Apr 13, 2011.

1. staaf

staaf Guest

All of a sudden Proftpd stopped working on my SUSE 10 + PLESK 9.5 box for some reason. I allready did the following things:

- reboot
    - updated from PLESK 9.5.1 to 9.5.4

Unfortunately the ftp server still isn't running. xinetd is running and listening on port 21.

h1386148:~ # ftp localhost
    Trying ::1...
    ftp: connect to address ::1Connection refused
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1).
    421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection

I haven't changed anything in my configuration before this happend.

the command: "less /var/log/messages | grep proftp" results in several of these messages:

proftpd[7205]: Fatal: unknown configuration directive 'userlist_file=/etc/ftpusers' on line 1 of '/etc/proftpd.include'

etc/proftpd.include contains this line only: "userlist_file=/etc/ftpusers"

I have no idea how to solve this problem and I'm hoping someone can help me with it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
  2. lvalics

lvalics Silver Pleskian Plesk Guru

43%
    Just try to reinstall ProFTP from PLESK source files, this should fix it.

3. staaf

staaf Guest

I removed the psa-proftpd package from YaST, but now I don't know how to reinstall it :x

also my plesk isn't running anymore

4. staaf

staaf Guest

Oke I manually reinstalled plesk 9.5.4 with the autoinstaller tool after that everything is working again.