• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.

ranton

New Pleskian
I setting multiple PHP in Plesk, and one of my site wich use php 5.6 show the following error (debugged with gdb):
(gdb) core-file /tmp/core-php-cgi-11-10005-503-12050-1458921789
[New Thread 12050]
Core was generated by `/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi -c /var/www/vhosts/system/dotxsoft.it/etc/php.in'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x0000000000620296 in ?? ()
(gdb)

I see that the ini file isn't correct because is 'php.in' instead of 'php.ini'

Where can I set the right name in some configuration files?
Thank You

Hi ranton,

please use the PHP-Handler - CLI commands over your command line:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --help

With the "--list" option, you may already see possible configuration mistakes and with the "--help" - option, you will get all possible commands for the PHP - Handler utility.

More informations and examples can be found at the Plesk documentation at: php_handler: Custom PHP Handlers ( Plesk 12.5 online documentation )

# /usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --list
id: display name: full version: version: type: cgi-bin: php-cli: php.ini: custom: status:
cgi 5.3.3 by OS vendor 5.3.3 5.3 cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false disabled
fastcgi 5.3.3 by OS vendor 5.3.3 5.3 fastcgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false enabled
module 5.3.3 by OS vendor 5.3.3 5.3 module /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false disabled
plesk-php56-cgi 5.6.19 5.6.19 5.6 cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php56-fastcgi 5.6.19 5.6.19 5.6 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php56-fpm 5.6.19 5.6.19 5.6 fpm /opt/plesk/php/5.6/sbin/php-fpm /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php70-cgi 7.0.4 7.0.4 7.0 cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php70-fastcgi 7.0.4 7.0.4 7.0 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php70-fpm 7.0.4 7.0.4 7.0 fpm /opt/plesk/php/7.0/sbin/php-fpm /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/php.ini true enabled

Seems to be OK.

But where plesk have the configuration to start the command `/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi -c /var/www/vhosts/system/dotxsoft.it/etc/php.in' ?
The handler with the -c option that indicates the ini configuration file?

Hi ranton,

please REREAD the PHP - handlers in case of any issues/problems/failures, because the configuration might have parsing issues, why I pointed as well to the above command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --help

... this would have pointed you to the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --reread

Afterwards, please make sure, that the domain specific configuration files are rebuild with the command:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
or
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain YOURDOMAIN.COM

For more possible command options and informations about the utility, please use:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --help

... please be aware, that the CGI for PHP 5.6 is in a DISABLED state!

plesk-php56-cgi 5.6.19 5.6.19 5.6 cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php.ini true disabled

To change this, please use again the possible commands for the Plesk PHP - handler utility.

Please note as well this post:
Hi Eugene1,

1. You should have such possibility right now. first step - install necessary php versions in Plesk Installer UI: "Updates and upgrades" button. (If you are not able to find this link - just type "updates and upgrades" in "search" box). Please follow http://kb.odin.com/en/125146
Probably your provider uses Plesk his repository mirror and did not mirrored latest update yet. If you do not see multiple php versions in Plesk Installer UI - I recommend you to ask your provider if he uses Plesk mirror.

2. This point means that you have no option to choose option "apache module" for this new PHP versions on domain. Only option "fastcgi" or "cgi" are available. We strongly recommend to avoid "apache module" option anyway as it's security model is not safe.
If your php files are served by php-fpm ( "Process PHP by nginx" checkbox on WebSite -> "Web Server Settings") then it does not meter what PHP interpreter version is selected for the site - php sites are served by php-fpm & nginx.
Please check customer's guide for details: http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP12/12.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-customer-guide/72320.htm#

3. We included most useful php extensions to our PHP builds and do not expect any issues. Anyway - new components installation does not reconfigure existent sites automatically, so you can make site copy ("clone website" operation) to check it with new PHP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you a lot for your time.
I've followed all yours instructions, but the problem was still there.
But you have switched on a light in my brain ... could be some other components?
Yes it can!
An the component is ...... rumble, rumble, rumble .... ZendGuardLoader.so
Reinstalled and violà, awesome, all run fine.
Thank You again.

Roberto

Back