• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Proper domain pointer help in Plesk needed fast O_O

ns2.unifaction.com. A 68.178.166.226
ns1.unifaction.com. A 68.178.166.226
So are these the current IP's or are the current IPs the 66.245.177.34 and 66.245.178.34? If the current IPs for the ns1 and ns2 are the 66.245.17x.34, then you need to change these in the domain's DNS records. And why do you have an orphan "ns.unifaction.com. A 68.178.166.226 " in the domain's DNS records? (no matching NS record and not listed at the parent servers), Ah, it's from the template.

If you change IPs, you must go through the DNS records for the domain and make the appropriate changes.

Your Server DNS Template should probably not have the "<domain>. NS ns.<domain>." if you're hosting domain only has ns1 and ns2 as registered nameservers. Otherwise all future domains created will end up with orphan nameserver entries as well.

First, I would not have removed the A records which pointed ns1 and ns2 to the IP addresses. I only meant for you to correct the IP address to the new IP.

Second, I have to assume that "68.178.166.226" is actually the IP for the domain since you still have that in the domain's A record, and you did not answer my question in my last post.

Third, have a look at your domain's dnsreport.com report:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=unifaction.com

Either your domain's DNS has not fully propagated yet (which is possible), or you still have some DNS records somewhere which are messing you up (see the part about ns2.pearlriver.easycgi.com. and
ns1.easy-cgi.com.)

Back