• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Provide web redirect for NS hosts give DNS conflict error

hexblot

New Pleskian
Let's assume the server name is alpha.example.com ( primary domain by server owner, me ).

I have setup a reseller, who has in turn setup their own "primary" domain - let's call it "webshop.com".

webshop.com has their DNS hosted on a registrar, and have manually added "ns1.webshop.com" and "ns2.webshop.com" records, pointing to two separate IPs on the Plesk server in question. The intention is to use these records as NS records for their clients. They have disabled DNS for their domain in Plesk.

Their "problem" is that currently, when someone uses a browser to navigate to these IPs, they get the primary domain certificate (thus "invalid certificate" since the requested domain is different), and web content (as it should, since the IPs are shared).

I have tried to add a domain alias / subdomain in Plesk in order to configure a 301 redirect from ns1.webshop.com to webshop.com , however once I try to add that I get the following error:

Error: Unable to set up the domain alias ns1.webshop.com because a DNS record pointing to the host ns1.webhop.com already exists.​

Is there a non-hacky way to bypass this? I've managed to custom add it to nginx with custom config, but that's both tedious and non-maintainable.

Thanks in advance!

Back