• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psa-spamassissin won't install

F

frog3

I'm on Fedora Core 3. Yes I know its not officially supported yet. Most everything works so far (with a little tweak here and there). The problem I have at this point is that spamassassin is installed and running on the machine, however the Plesk interface to it won't install.

The error is:

error: Failed dependencies:
perl(Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit) is needed by psa-spamassassin-7.5.2-fc2.build75050128.11.i586

I've played around with installing perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.2-1.i386.rpm but haven't had any success with this. Anyone have an idea as to what package I need or what else I need to tweak to get spamassassin to install? Thanks!

Any thoughts?

Haven't seen any replies on this... Anyone have any comments as to what may resolve this?

SpamAssassin & Plesk

1) Plesk 7.x wont work correctly with SpamAssassin 3; Plesk has some functions hardcoded in their files that work with SpamAssassin 2.6.x. But some of those functions dont work with SpamAssassin 3. So, short of hacking around on stuff for awhile, stay with using SpamAssassin 2.6.x or wait for a new Plesk update.

2) Mail::SpamAssassin::NoMailAudit is part of the SpamAssassin 2.6.x package. It is not used anymore in SpamAssassin 3, but Plesk is coded for SA 2.6 so it still wants it. Yes I know SpamAssassin 3.x has been available for quite a while, and it's hard to even find a download link for the 2.6 series at this point, but... SW-Soft will probably never be known for providing "fast updates" (remember how long it took to get a PHP 4.3.10 "critical security fix" update?)

Anyway, short answer: You need to use SpamAssassin 2.6 if you dont want to play with it for a while.

3) I have heard that AtomicRocketTurtle.com has some (customized?) SpamAssassin 3.x packages that may work with Plesk, but I use FreeBSD, so I've never tried them out.

Back