• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSABackup High CPU ?

S

Starwing

Currently having problems with PSAbackup when its being called from cron.

I have PRM (Process resource monitor) installed that kills a process that is taking too much CPU.

When psabackup kicks in during cron, I notice that prm kills it.

- Event Summary:
USER: 10092
PID : 4526
CMD : gzip
CPU%: 46 (limit: 45)
MEM%: 0 (limit: 20)
PROCS: 1 (limit: 80)

When I refer to the email that cron sents, it always stop at this particular domain, with the UID of 10092. I have tried removing gzip from my cron but that did not help, which leads me to think that psabackup itself calls on gzip.

I do not have this problem often, just sometimes.

The said user do not have much files in his directory. Just some MP3s. Thanks about it, but it always stops at this user's directory.

TIA

Try using the --no-internal-zip flag too ... by high load what do you mean? It may be that the load is just normal anyway, and PRM could be interfering with normal functionality of psadump.

I could try that flag --no-internal-zip.

But what I do not understand is, PRM always kills the process when psabackup is compressing this particular user's directory.

[Fri May 13 07:14:42 2005] dumping hosting user data for domain
'/home/httpd/vhosts/problemdomain.net' ... error!
The child process with pid 4521 was terminated by other process.

Its always this way, and I do not understand why.

It does not happen daily, just once in a blue moon. The process is then terminated by PRM. I could, however exclude PRM into checking that, but that does not solve the problem why when dumping that current user we have problems.

Could it be because of the files that they have? Corrupted files? Something? This again, do not happen always, just when it feels like it.

TIA.

Check their files. There may be a directory with too many files in or something.

I have checked their files. They have only a few files, and are MP3 files. Huge MP3 files like 100-200 MB each. Could that be the problem ?

Back