1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

psarestore / psadump feedback

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by theclerk, Jan 24, 2005.

1. theclerk

theclerk Guest

Just an FYI that I had problems in these areas after doing a psadump / psarestore with Plesk 7.5.1

- Qmail

Some e-mail (which e-mails exactly seemed almost random) did not get restored

Folders other than the INBOX did not get restored

- Horde / Webmail

Turba address books were not restored

- PostgreSQL

No postgresql databases were restored

Overall I was still pretty impressed with how simple the procedure was and how quickly it did the job.

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

Haven't you saw in the fix phase the reason why the qmail accounts were not restored?

If these were the only problems you had, you might consider yourself lucky. Or you read the manual :)

3. Cranky

Cranky Guest

Lol ... too right.

The log is in /tmp btw .. it should tell you the reason each mailbox wasn't correctly restored.

4. theclerk

theclerk Guest

No, I haven't seen anything about qmail / fix phase.

The dump / restore was more of a "have to" than a "want to" - so that's why I can't complain. All in all it did the job I needed it to do. The rest was easily fixed manually.

Nothing in the log actually reported failure. I was watching it with tail as another admin was doing the restore. It was just kind of spotty on what was missed. Probably had more to do with the psadump than the actual restore.