• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psarestore / psadump feedback

T

theclerk

Just an FYI that I had problems in these areas after doing a psadump / psarestore with Plesk 7.5.1

- Qmail

Some e-mail (which e-mails exactly seemed almost random) did not get restored

Folders other than the INBOX did not get restored

- Horde / Webmail

Turba address books were not restored

- PostgreSQL

No postgresql databases were restored

Overall I was still pretty impressed with how simple the procedure was and how quickly it did the job.

Haven't you saw in the fix phase the reason why the qmail accounts were not restored?

If these were the only problems you had, you might consider yourself lucky. Or you read the manual :)

Originally posted by hardweb
If these were the only problems you had, you might consider yourself lucky.

Lol ... too right.

The log is in /tmp btw .. it should tell you the reason each mailbox wasn't correctly restored.

Originally posted by hardweb
Haven't you saw in the fix phase the reason why the qmail accounts were not restored?

If these were the only problems you had, you might consider yourself lucky. Or you read the manual :)

No, I haven't seen anything about qmail / fix phase.

The dump / restore was more of a "have to" than a "want to" - so that's why I can't complain. All in all it did the job I needed it to do. The rest was easily fixed manually.

Nothing in the log actually reported failure. I was watching it with tail as another admin was doing the restore. It was just kind of spotty on what was missed. Probably had more to do with the psadump than the actual restore.

Back