• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']

pitufo_webmaster

Basic Pleskian
SO ‪ : Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS‬
Product: Plesk Onyx - Versión 17.5.3 update #41

Hi guys
I have received this email of my VPS
Do I have to do something, or do I expect any update?
thanks for the support

-----------------------------------------------------
Hello, Administrator

There have been some problems with the System Updates tool on your server. Please solve them manually.

2018-02-25 02:13:03 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']

2018-02-25 02:13:04 ERROR:

2018-02-25 02:13:04 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

Hi IgorG.
Thks so much for reply.
so, I understand that these are the steps : but I am newbie with VPS, It ´s possible that the issue would be resolve in new updates ? , I can wait XD

For Debian/Ubuntu: : Connect to the server via SSH and run package update manually.
# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y

With plesk sbin pum --check
or
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y

I get this error

2018-03-06 13:14:07 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--check']
2018-03-06 13:14:13 ERROR: W:The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/canonical-kernel-team/pti/ubuntu xenial Release' does not have a Release file., W:Data from such a repository can't be authenticated and is therefore potentially dangerous to use., W:See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details., E:Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/canonical-kernel-team/pti/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
2018-03-06 13:14:13 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.
exit status 1

Anything I need to care off or will it resolve soon`?

OK solved. apt-get update is woking again.....

Under /etc/apt/sources.list.de I found that the used meltdown spectre Kernal patch was the cause.
As this was implements in linux now, this can be removed" canonical-kernel-team-ubuntu-pti-xenial.list"

Back