• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Python Version

RichardMckenna

New Pleskian
Hi,

We are currently running Plesk 11.5.30 on Windows 2008R2 which has Python 2.6.5.12 as standard is it possible to update this to a newer version such as 2.7.7 ?

If so what's the best way of doing this?

Also if installing Django as a Python package on the server is it possible to run Django sites if Python is enabled in the hosting settings of a site?

Edit: I've just realised I've posted this in the wrong forum and I can't delete it. Can a moderator move it please?

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited:
hmm that's not good there have been over 30 releases of Python since 2.6.

Are there any plans to update it at some point? I see that Plesk 12 is still 2.6 as well. I can understand not going to 3.x due to the major changes to the language but upgrading to the latest 2.x shouldn't be much of a problem.

Richard

Back