• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail, authpsa, horrid logging defaults and you

V

voodoochile

Right now, I'm currently running FreeBSD 4.9 with PSA 7.5.3 and I've got an issue.

the authpsa module for Couriers authentication mechanim insists on logging EVERY auth attempt to /var/log/messages.

This makes that file and dmesg 100% worthless on all of my PSA servers, and consequently, my life more difficult.

I realize that authpsa is probabally just a modified authmysql just obfusicated, so there is a way to change up where the logging goes.

My question is how? Does anyone know which facility this thing is calling? That way it could get redirected. Regardless, something needs to happen because this is just goofy, I'm honestly not sure why there's not more of a fuss about this?

If there's no answers here, I'll drop a ticket with them and let you all know what I get back.

edit: I apologize in advance for my typing. I'm working from the couch all laid back today. =)

I too am very disappointed in the logging in Plesk overall. More customization here would be great.

I also can't understand for the life of me why they've chose to redirect mail and xferlog to /usr/local/psa/var/log instead of simply /var/log ?

I know I could change this but I'm sure once PSA updates it'll be back to normal.

I don't find that the maillog gives enough useful detail, that I can find. I'm more used to the postfix logging where sender and recepient names are all logged, makes troubleshooting issues much easier or actually possible.

Back