1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Qmail complains: email non compliant with RFC 2822

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by flupke, Feb 27, 2008.

1. flupke

flupke Guest

never seen this before, customer has a problem: qmail bounces back his email saying 'message non compliant with RFC 2822', this happens only when sending to a specific email, probably with a strict check.

I asked customer to send the same email with webmail: emails goes through!

Is the problem outlook? If yes, why can my customer send email to any other address but this one (nb: the destination domain as 3 dashes in its name, could confuse outlook)

Any help?

Flupke

2. DaDomainMasta

DaDomainMasta Guest

hello.
    it looks indeed like outlook he-he feature: http://extelligence.ringlet.net/roam/archives/000018.html. m$ luvz to ignore RFC, they know the right way to do things.
    the problem is in message-id field, which is not included, causing a message to score big points in a remote spam-protection system.