• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Qmail fine tuning...

N

nhouse

Hello folks... please share your thoughts on tweaking Qmail to perform more fluidly with increased performance and also to help with "potential" mail delivery issues. I have purchased the Qmail manager from 4PSA with hopes of managing things easier, i.e. less command line execution. When I look at the available Qmail settings, I see a LOT of blanks. Are there items in here that may be tweaked "safely."

Here is a screen cap of what I am talking about. 4PSA calls this the "improved" settings choice.

Also, in the Plesk FAQ area, there is a reference here about adding the "-Rt0" to the "server_args" setting... can this be done in the 4PSA Qmail Manager? I don't see an obvious place to do so. Also, is that even necessary if this Qmail Manager has already altered the config file?

Thanks again for your time and assistance!

Thanks for the link... that does look like a great place to learn more... in regards to my post though, I am mainly interested in what tweaks may be safely implemented through the 4PSA Qmail Manager.

:) It is dangerous for a newbie (me) to start adjusting settings before he has a better understanding. That's why I had hoped to get a few "quick tips" on the front end, so to speak.

I use the Qmail Manager and have made changes via Qmail Manager with no problems. I don't know any of the techical stuff though ;)

Back