• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMail: mail user not recognized (anonymous)

Quentin Crambes

New Pleskian
Hello!

(Let's assume my hostname is ns1234.ip-12-123-456.abc and my (only) domain name is domain.com)

Since a few weeks, GMail blocks Emails sent by my server (before that it was not even going to spam),
I guess because the sender is [email protected]-12-123-456.abc and they updated their policies or something.
I saw in Qmail logs the sentence GMail sends when your message is deemed as spam. (creating a filter in Gmail doesn't change anything)

So I created a mail address via Plesk->Mail->create Email address: "[email protected]".
I am not sure if it is a Plesk, Qmail or PHP error but with the following headers I use in my message:

PHP:
$headers = "From: Reporting <[email protected]>\n";
$headers .= "MIME-Version: 1.0\n";
$headers .= "Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8";

the above sender address is always replaced by [email protected]-12-123-456.abc...

I don't know if it is linked, but the tricky thing is that @domain.com Emails are being treated on a different server (the microsoft small business thing), so @domain.com is neither in rcpthosts nor virtualdomains files and treated as remote. Because if I set the "me" file as domain.com and also add domain.com in locals file, it will treat all @domain.com as local, which I don't want...

My goal: I would like to have the Email sent as [email protected] (obviously in the message source, not just the display, that is okay) but keep the other @domain.com mails treated by the microsoft server.

Any clues? Thanks for reading this far anyway ;)

We are running on CentOS 6.6 and Plesk 11.0.9.

Back