• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

qmail problem: Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host...

R

Ronaldve

When sending mail to one of my domains, I get this bounce message back.
"Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)"

I allready tried running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk but that doesn't fix it.
I also restarted qmail a few times and it still does not work.

Does someone know a soltion for this?
Thanks!

Is your domain using Google Hosted Domain Services? If so, your server can't be part of the MX setup (only the MX records Google tells you to load) and email for the domain in PSA has to be disabled for mail to be routed to Google's servers correctly.

If your not using GHS and just sending from Gmail, you need to check the control files for Qmail to make sure the domain is listed (/var/qmail/control/rcphosts) and that email is Enabled for the domain in PSA.

The domain does not use GHS. It's used for mail only.

The domain is listed in qmail/control/rcphosts and in qmail/control/virtualdomains

and email is enabled.

I've done what's told here:
http://kb.swsoft.com/en/1380
but it does not help.

I'm having the same problem. Mine deals with the root@hostname and postmaster@hostname examples that the other guide you listed mentioned.

However, the guide didn't help me either. My mail server is mail.sitememberspro.com.

When I try to simply add mail.sitememberspro.com in Plesk, it says a DNS record already exists for that domain (I have the domain sitememberspro.com with MX record, which is probably the problem).

:(

the customer deleted it's domain and added it to plesk again, and now it get's this error when sending emial:

Unable to chdir to maildir. (#4.2.1)

:mad:

Back