• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

QMail Problem

scottthepotter

Basic Pleskian
I am having a problem with only 1 domain that I host. Every Monday morning between 7am and 10am one of my clients is getting all email to his domain bounced back with the following message:

Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

If I simply restart the mail service then it starts working again for another week. I have checked to make sure my server name is in the locals file. However the domain names are not, in fact none of the domain names that I host are in the locals file but they are all in the rcpthosts file. This has only happened since upgrading from Plesk 8.6 to 9.02. Any ideas? At this point the only thing I can come up with is a cron job that automatically restarts the mail service once a week. But of course that is a 'sorry-***' fix for the problem.

I am seeing similar problem & with only 1 domain. sender bounce message is different... "error 553 blah blah". the problem is the domain is no longer listed in ../qmail/control/rcpthosts & /virtualdomains. One fix - which lasted a week - is disable/enable mail on domain same as you. then domain shows up in files and mail works. fyi - the domain is the last name in each file. suggest something is restarting and then miscounting in a loop the domains to rewrite?

Back